NEW: This morning, Jamie Spears filed court doc alleging #BritneySpears personal conservator Jodi Montgomery recently said Britney is "mentally sick" & might need 5150 psychiatric hold.— Elizabeth Wagmeister (@EWagmeister) August 6, 2021
In a statement to @Variety, Jodi denies this & wants Jamie removed. https://t.co/W2ffxEHlEz
- Jamie Spears has filed documents saying that Britney Spears’ personal conservator, Jodi Montgomery, told him that his daughter is “mentally sick” and wanted to place her under a 5150 psychiatric hold before her July testimony.
- In a statement, Montgomery denied his claims and, once again, is asking him to step down from Britney's conservatorship.
- Montgomery’s statement says, in part: “Ms. Montgomery implores Mr. Spears to stop the attacks. It does no good; it only does harm. We all need to focus on one thing, and one thing only — the health, well-being and best interests of Britney Spears.”
- Jamie alleged that Montgomery called him last month to say that she is concerned about his daughter’s behavior and mental health. He says that Montgomery asked for his help in addressing these issues.
- Montgomery does acknowledge she has concerns about Britney's recent behavior and overall mental health but "due to medical privacy, Ms. Montgomery cannot go into those concerns with any further detail." However, she denies wanting to put Britney under a psychiatric hold.
- She continues, "having her father Jamie Spears continuing to serve as her Conservator instead of a neutral professional fiduciary is having a serious impact on Ms. Spears’ mental health."
- This comes after Britney's lawyer filed documents to have Jamie removed ASAP.