What we know:
- It'll drop on September 2nd.
- This will be the last album for her contract. Unsure whether she will re-sign, she's been very hot/cold with her label. Her label has been pushing for a more mainstream sound (i.e. Blame It On Your Love was made a single for her self-titled only after pressure from her label, N1A/Pop2 were dropped as "mixtapes" because her label didn't trust in their success).
- On social media she's been teasing she is creatively interested in "selling out" and that she loves cheesy pop.
- Writing credits are listed as: Caroline Ailin, Charlotte Aitchison (Charli herself), Mattias Larsson, Noonie Bao, Oscar Holter & Robin Fredriksson.
- OP musings: Based on this I'm thinking it'll be a very mainstream sound. The individuals on the credits worked on songs such as Gimmie Love/Run Away With Me/Too Much by Carly Rae Jepsen, Don't Start Now/Fever/New Rules by Dua Lipa, Really Don't Like U by Tove Lo, Slumber Party/Do You Wanna Come Over by Britney Spears and Charli's own Gone/Official/Cross You Out/BIOYL and more.
Sources: 1 and me
edit: sorry mods if i posted this twice or thrice, i kept getting an error page :(
as a lover of cheesy pop im cautiously optimistic. i, too, am creatively interested in charli selling out whatever that means. are you, ONTD?