- 2 year investigation found that female employees were discriminated against and subjected to harrassment
- e.g. of harrassment: "cube crawls" where male employees “drink copious amounts of alcohol as they crawl their way through various cubicles in the office and often engage in inappropriate behavior toward female employees.”
- male employees play video games and make rape jokes while delegatting responsibilites to female employees who only make up 20% of their workforce
- women were held back from promotions because they may become pregnant, were shamed for leaving to pick up their kids from daycare and kicked out of lactation rooms so men can use them for meetings
[TW: sexual assault and suicide]
- a woman who had her nude photos passed around at a company party took her own life while on a company trip with her male supervisor
- statement from Activision Blizzard:
“We value diversity and strive to foster a workplace that offers inclusivity for everyone. There is no place in our company or industry, or any industry, for sexual misconduct or harassment of any kind. We take every allegation seriously and investigate all claims. In cases related to misconduct, action was taken to address the issue.
“The DFEH includes distorted, and in many cases false, descriptions of Blizzard’s past. We have been extremely cooperative with the DFEH throughout their investigation, including providing them with extensive data and ample documentation, but they refused to inform us what issues they perceived.
The picture the DFEH paints is not the Blizzard workplace of today.”