What are some common tropes in books that you hate? https://t.co/zFX49ogDbl— BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) July 19, 2021
In no particular order:
1. When the main characters are a set of twins, and there's a “good” one and an “evil” one.
6. Whenever miscommunication between the two main characters “leads to conflict.” Especially when the characters point blank refuse to utter a word to each other, even when a simple sentence of explanation could resolve the entire problem.
7. When a character breaks up with another character in order “to protect them.”
12. Love triangles in general.
13. When two characters are forced to fake-date in order to solve a problem.
Read the full list at the source.
ONTD: What book tropes really grind your gears?