- LaineyGossip notes Brad Pitt-friendly source Page Six broke the news that Brad had won joint custody of his younger biological children with Angelina Jolie (the older children refuse to see him). His team also rushed to announce that Angelina's request that the children testify was declined even though the decision was actually made weeks ago.
- People's write up is markedly different, with the outlet noting Angelina's issue was over Brad "tentatively winning more time with their children." Brad "winning joint custody" and Brad "winning more time" are completely different things, especially considering Brad's visitation was under supervision. There is no proof of joint custody being granted other than Brad's team saying so, there is more nuance to the situation that Team Brad is avoiding.
- Presumably Angelina's sources also add, through People: "joint custody is not the issue that Angelina objects to, there were other issues of concern, but the court proceedings are closed and sealed."
- LG also says what remains key is whether or not Brad's visits are supervised, as well as "why Angelina is insisting on having the children be heard so that they can weigh in on their own situation."
- Angelina submitted a filing weeks AFTER Judge Oudenkirk’s ruling, saying in part: "the judge “has failed to adequately consider” a section of the California courts code, which says it is detrimental to the best interest of the child if custody is awarded to a person with a history of domestic violence. Her filing did not give details about what it was referring to, but her lawyers submitted a document under seal in March that purportedly offers additional information."
- With Ronan Farrow stepping into the case yesterday, LG notes the similarities between Brad vs Angelina and Woody Allen vs Mia Farrow - society is inclined to minimise or even overlook that there were allegations of domestic violence and instead lean into the angle of the woman scorned making up the story.