In celebration of TXT's new album, "The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE", it's time to get to know the 4th gen leaders of KPOP, and why their story, sound, and success has made such a big impact on the international music scene. Let's dive right in, MOA's!
- TOMORROW X TOGETHER (투모로우바이투게더), is a 5-member boy group under HYBE Labels (formerly known as Big Hit Entertainment), with members Yeonjun, Soobin, Beomgyu, Taehyun and Huening Kai. Changing with each comeback/song, there are no set positions within the group. They debuted in South Korea on March 4, 2019 with the "The Dream Chapter: STAR".
- Their fandom name is MOA (Moments of Alwaysness).
- TXT currently have over 9.5 MILLION followers on TikTok, and remain the 3rd most followed KPOP group next to BlackPink and BTS. They currently have 8 MILLION Twitter followers, making them the most followed 4th generation group & 4th most followed KPOP group on the platform.
- Their songs/music videos always carry the themes of youth, magic, love, darkness, and mystery. Their dance skills and choreography have been praised as one of the best in the industry.
- TXT's new album, "The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE", current pre-orders sit at over 670,000 copies, which has doubled since their last release. Let's find out why the hype is real with a guided tour through some of their best singles/videos!
"CROWN"  - 137 million views
A song about puberty and adolescence, CROWN'S lyrics describe a boy that wakes up one day with horns on his head, and begins to hate himself and withdraw from other people. The boy then meets another character, who has wings on their back, and learns to love himself. With CROWN, TXT broke the record for the fastest act to reach first place on the Billboard World Digital Songs Chart.
"9 and Three Quarters (RUN AWAY)"  - 82 million views
From their first full album "The Dream Chapter: MAGIC", RUN AWAY, a high energy, synth-pop-punk track, is another story of adolescence, but visiting the idea of escaping life’s burdens and figuratively running away with their friends. With obvious references to Harry Potter, the group is transported to a new world where they are allowed to embrace their magic and be themselves. The album debuted at No. 3 on Billboard's World Albums Chart.
"CAN'T YOU SEE ME?"  - 54 million views
Their next EP "The Dream Chapter: ETERNITY" completes The Dream Chapter Trilogy with CAN'T YOU SEE ME. The lyrics detail the confusion and emotional turmoil when a young person encounters a conflicting phase in friendship and relationship. The track is a mix of pop and trap, and features a grunge-influenced chord progression. The album debuted at number two on the Gaon Album Chart, selling over 181,000 copies in its first week, and giving TXT their third consecutive top five album in South Korea.
"BLUE HOUR"  - 100 million views
TXT return to their magical roots with BLUE HOUR, a disco-synth inspired lead single from their EP "minisode1: BLUE HOUR". The song is a reference to the time 5:53 PM, which is the golden hour in the city of Seoul in the month of October. The lyrics celebrate the desire to revisit beautiful past memories via one's imagination. The album debuted at number 25 on the US Billboard 200 chart, selling 19,000 copies, becoming TXT's first top 40 and highest-charting album.
"The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE" Concept Trailer  - 6 million views
TXT will release their second studio album, "The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE" next week on May 31, with the lead single "0X1=Lovesong (I Know I Love You)" feat Seori. Check out their tracklist here! The concept trailer for the album has been praised for it's production value, special effects, choreography, and unique vision.
There you have it MOA's! What are some of your favorite TXT tracks? Are you a current stan, starting to stan, or do you have no taste? Comment below!
Source: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10