we can finally stop just listening to drivers license https://t.co/n5jcQ7tsut— NPR (@NPR) May 21, 2021
• Olivia Rodrigo's first album has only been out for a few days, but it's already received positive praise from major outlets.
• Sitting at a cool 84 on Metacritic, the drivers license singer even scored a 7.0 from the ever-fickle Pitchfork. The New York Times, Entertainment Weekly, Variety, NPR, and AV Club also posted glowing reviews.
• Receiving over 60 million streams in one day, Sour is now has the fourth highest debut streams of any female album in the platform's history. Only Taylor Swift's 2020 albums, Folklore and Evermore, and Ariana Grande's Thank U Next debuted to bigger numbers.
• Olivia's third single good 4 u is expected to debut at number one this week, but is now battling it out with the new BTS song, Butter, for a second week at number one.
• Even though Butter broke the Spotify record for biggest opening day with over 11 million streams in its first day, it wasn't enough to unseat good 4 u from the number one spot on the global Spotify charts where it racked up over 12 million streams on Friday, the biggest single day streaming number since Olivia's debut song, drivers license, reached 13 million+ streams in one day.
• good 4 u also kept the number one spot on the US Spotify chart, logging 4.9 million streams, while Butter debuted with 1.9 million streams. It'll be interesting to see Olivia's streaming prowess face off against BTS fans buying power.
🎧 | “good 4 u” — Spotify Charts (05/21):— Olivia Rodrigo Charts (@ChartsRodrigo) May 22, 2021
WW: #1 (=) — +12,192,526 plays
US: #1 (=) — +4,974,835 plays
UK: #1 (=) — +1,112,083 playshttps://t.co/E0PHKtlfZ5