“They’re humble-hot, often rumpled and lived-in, like you searched for a nice-looking ex on Facebook and found that he’s got a wife, kids and that certain something-something.” Our culture reporter @kylebuchanan on hot cartoon dads. https://t.co/6FBJuXhLVb— The New York Times (@nytimes) May 7, 2021
They mention only Disney movies and 3 fathers (one who isn't even human, but uh, ok)
- There is a big focus on Chief Benja (Daniel Dae Kim, "Raya and The Last Dragon"), where many people on Twitter were like "This dude is hot." in their reviews.
- He went through various changes in development, was thinner and lankier earlier on.
- The elf dad from "Onward" (I don't remember his name), the article says "Looks like a hot, blue John Krasinski" (Nameless Elf Dad, I'm sorry).
- Denali (Yes, that Denali) was apparently interviewed for this article, after mentioning most of their crushes were on animated characters before her untimely elimination from RPDR S13.
- I know #DisneySupremacy runs wild in entertainment circles but I'm rather surprised there's no mention of "The Mitchells vs. The Machines"