- Global revenue by concerts last year dropped 70% because of the pandemic.
- Kpop companies are trying to find ways to reboot the concert industry in the middle of a pandemic that is still far from ending (at least in some countries)
- Dream Maker Entertainment works with SM Entertainment for their Beyond Live Concerts, they create stage designs using immersive technologies that enhance visual effects in online concerts.
- The Dream Maker CEO says they want to deliver a show that can't be pulled off at a live offline concert, so it's a different experience.
- DME has produced 11 of these shows for kpop bands like: TWICE, NCT , Super Junior, and others.
- This is also a good alternative for international fans of those kpop bands , that won't be able to see their favorite group in an offline concert because they don't go to their countries.
- There are new revenue opportunities because they sell cheaper tickets to a bigger audience (SHINee's Beyond Live concert sold 130k tickets)
- SME CEO didn't say how much were the profits but he said the venture has been economically viable.
Source 1 2