- Global Citizen and a team of artists unite in a concert to support equitable vaccine distribution.
- "Vax Live: The Concert to Reunite the World" is going to be pre-taped and streamed on Saturday, May 8, on ABC, CBS, Fox, YouTube and iHeartMedia radio stations and the iHeartRadio app
- Selena Gomez will host and there will be performances by Jennifer Lopez, Foo Fighters, H.E.R, Eddie Vedder and J Balvin. On Youtube there will be an additional performance by NCT 127.
- The goal is to get philanthropists and corporations to donate enough for the vaccination of 27 million health workers in some of the poorest nations.
- About the event, Selena says:
"This is a historic moment to encourage people around the world to take the COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available to them, call on world leaders to share vaccine doses equitably and to bring people together for a night of music in a way that hasn’t felt possible in the past year”
ONTD, have you been vaccinated or do you live in a poor country? /criesinpoor