Another 10-task challenge. You obviously don’t need to do all 10 tasks, choose as many as you want, but I figured it gives you some variety and allows you to pick and choose movies that fit your taste but also maybe lead you to watch something you wouldn’t normally seek out. For each task, you can pick whatever movie fits within the guidelines, I've added links to help you out. I tried to add tasks that would allow you to get movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu – but there’s also Kanopy and Hoopla (both of which you can get free access through your library or university). Have a different movie for each task – that is, don’t have the same movie for task 2 and task 6.
1. Watch any movie with witches, wizards and/or warlocks (some ideas).
2. Pick any movie from this list and watch the suggested companion movie (if you like the older one then watch the newer one, if you like the newer one then watch the older one).
3. Watch any movie on the 250 Essential Female Filmmakers list.
4. Tom and Jerry recently came out. Watch any cat and mouse chase movie (some ideas). Thanks to decemlvng for coming up with the task!
5. April 25th is the Academy Awards. Watch any short that is nominated this year or any previous year. Options: Animated, Live Action, Documentary.
6. If Carey Mulligan, Andra Day, or Vanessa Kirby win Best Actress it will end the longest running streak of actresses over 40 winning Best Actress (the streak is literally only 3...). Watch any movie whose lead actress is over 40.
7. With this years nomination Frances McDormand becomes one of five actors to have nominations across 5 decades (80s-20s). Meryl Streep (70s-10s), Jack Nicholson (60s-00s), Michael Caine (60s-00s), and Laurence Olivier (30s-70s) are also a part of the club. Watch any one of their movies.
8. Steven Yeun becomes the first Asian American actor nominated for Best Actor; with Riz Ahmed also nominated it's the first time two actors of Asian descent have been nominated for Best Actor in the same year. Watch any movie whose lead is of Asian descent.
9. Glenn Close is only one of three to be nominated for both an Oscar and a Razzie for the same role (Hillbilly Eulogy). Watch any movie featuring an Oscar nominee/winner who also happens to be a Razzie nominee/winner.
10. I am once again shaming myself for failing at my own challenge, so here's to me forcing myself (and you) to continue with it. Watch any movie that has been nominated for Best Picture.
ONTD, what do you plan on watching this month? What did you watch during the month of March?
SOURCES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
Previous months challenges