Another 10-task challenge. You obviously don’t need to do all 10 tasks, choose as many as you want, but I figured it gives you some variety and allows you to pick and choose movies that fit your taste but also maybe lead you to watch something you wouldn’t normally seek out. For each task, you can pick whatever movie fits within the guidelines, I've added links to help you out. I tried to add tasks that would allow you to get movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu – but there’s also Kanopy and Hoopla (both of which you can get free access through your library or university). Have a different movie for each task – that is, don’t have the same movie for task 2 and task 6.
1 and 2. Same Name, Different Movie. Watch two movies that share a name. Some ideas: here and here. Thanks to decemlvng for coming up with the task!
3. Watch any pre-2000's science fiction movie.
4. Watch any movie where time travel happens.
5. Pick any film movement and watch one of the important movies within it.
6. Martin Scorsese once again upset some Twitter folks with a recent essay. Watch any movie he mentions in the essay (to expand your options, you could watch any movie by any of the directors on the list).
7. Do you do the 52 by 52 challenge? Let me help you out for one of the weeks, watch any movie directed by a woman.
8. Watch any documentary.
9. Watch any monster movie.
10. Vulture recently published The 101 Greatest Endings in Movies History. Watch any movie featured.
ONTD, what do you plan on watching this month? What did you watch during the month of February?
SOURCES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Previous months challenges