- Rose Leslie (Games of Thrones) and Theo James (Divergent) are set to star in the upcoming The Time Traveler's Wife series, which has been in development since mid-2018.
- HBO describes the series as “an intricate and magical love story that tells the story of Clare (Leslie) and Henry (James), and a marriage with a problem … time travel.”
- Based off of the novel of the same name by Audrey Niffenegger, which was made into a film in 2009 starring Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana. The film made more than $100 million worldwide (on a budget of $39 million).
- Steven Moffat (Doctor Who & Sherlock) will be writing and executive producing the series (lmao)
- HBO descriptions of the main characters are under spoiler
Clair Abshire (played by Leslie): a is fiery, clever and unstoppable — and for most of her life she’s had an amazing secret. Since she was 6, she has had an imaginary friend: a kind and funny man, sometimes old, sometimes young, who appears in the woods behind her house and tells her tales of the future. Visits from the mysterious Henry are the bright spots in the tedium of her childhood. As the years pass, and she grows into a beautiful young woman, she starts to realize her friend is not imaginary — he’s a time traveler, visiting from the future. And he’s not just from any old future — he’s from her future. Clare has a literal date with destiny. One day she’s going to meet a young man called Henry DeTamble — whom she’ll know very well but who won’t recognize her at all — and she will become the time traveler’s wife.
Henry DeTamble (played by James): Henry DeTamble has been a time traveler since he was 8. It’s not a superpower, it’s a condition — he can’t help it. Sometimes, when Henry is stressed or worried — and sometimes for no reason at all — he loses his grip on the current moment and falls naked into the past or the future. One minute he’s making breakfast, the next he’s naked at a hoedown in 1973. He can be stuck there for minutes or months, he never knows. His life is a rollercoaster of constant danger and white-knuckle survival. Until one day he meets a beautiful redhead in the library where he works. Her name is Clare Abshire and though he’s never seen her before, she claims to have known him all her life. Finally, his curse has given him something good — and Clare and Henry are about to have the time of their lives.