P O S T
In this SPOILER-FREE trailer:
☆ DLC CHARACTERS (KASUMI!!! JAVIK!!! ZAEED!!!)
☆ ULTRA 4K
☆ DLC CONTENT (LEVIATHAN!!! CITADEL!!!)
☆ FEMSHEP/LIARA ROMANCE DOWN OUR THROATS
☆ FEMSHEP’S REVISED LOOK FOR ME1 AND ME2 TO LOOK LIKE THE ME3 MODEL
☆ DID I MENTION FEMSHEP IS THE LEAD OF THIS TRAILER?
☆ JUST CHECKING
Please put all spoilers under a spoiler cut.
I have provided you the spoiler cut code above, so you have no excuses ;)
· The Mass Effect Legendary Edition will feature all three single-player story campaigns plus 40 other pieces of DLC, weapon and armor packs.
· The trilogy will now run in 4K Ultra HD with HDR.
· The Legendary Edition overhauls the original trilogy’s graphics with remastered character models, tens of thousands of up-ressed textures, improvements to shaders and VFX, updated lighting and shadows, volumetrics and depth-of-field.
· Character creation will be unified across all three games, including the ability to make your OG Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 character look like Fem-Shep from the third game.
· Interfaces and UI have been updated and modernized.
· Various quality-of-life improvements and gameplay improvements including better aiming mechanics.
Mass Effect 3 (Legendary Edition) WILL NOT Include Multiplayer
GameInformer asked project director Mac Walters as well as environment and character director Kevin Meek about online gameplay:
"I had all of these analogies early on to try to help people understand what this remaster is going to be about. It's one thing to take a 1982 Porsche that needs to be fully restored, but now I want you to imagine that it was actually buried in concrete. So you've got to chip away at all of that, and every time you go to try something it's like 'is this even going to work?' Do I blow the engine turnover? You know, it's just a lot of work. And I think people underestimate what it's like to do this game, because - at every step - you are given an agonizing choice of 'is this the thing that we want to spend our time on and really try to improve it' and 'where will this lead us down the road?'"
Improved Elevator Loading Screen - now faster and skippable!
Mass Effect Legendary Edition Will Have Improved Elevator Times https://t.co/5Wt337099S— GameByte (@GameByteHQ) February 2, 2021
Associate Producer Crystal McCord laughs when the subject of the elevator loading time comes up:
“This was definitely a fan favourite. The elevator times are now faster across all platforms. In the Legendary Edition, an optional skip becomes available so you can move into gameplay a lot faster.**”
** OP Note: the reason you might not want to skip the Citadel elevator loading screen is because there are oftentimes a unique blend of character interactions depending on who is in your party.
No word yet on [Spoiler (click to open)]if they've added an actual, non-stock image reveal on Tali's face.
May 14th, kids!