Dani Leigh facing some backlash in her comments section for her new track “Yellow Bone” 👀👀👀 THOUGHTS ⁉️ pic.twitter.com/l2hVgXhXcx— Power 106 (@Power106LA) January 21, 2021
• Earlier today Dominican singer DaniLeigh—who is not Black—released Yellow Bone, "a song for [her] light skin baddies" and, incidentally, the worst song you'll hear today, for a variety of reasons.
• She was promptly dragged by Black Twitter for releasing her colorist anthem and fetishizing light skin, as well as for her history of blackfishing and using the N-word.
• In response to the backlash, she posted a series of defensive tweets about haters, one of which included the standard "sorry if I offended you" nonapology.
• DaniLeigh is currently dating rapper and violent batterer DaBaby, who responded to her Instagram post with "🟡🟡🟡." Some have suggested that the song is aimed at his daughter's mother, Meme, a dark-skinned Black woman.
• OP isn't entirely clear but apparently DaBaby keeps cheating on each of them with the other and/or going back and forth between them?
• The two women have been subtweeting each other for months, I guess, most notably in December when DaniLeigh confirmed her on-again relationship with DaBaby in an Instagram post captioned, "My baby❤ idc."
[Tweets Under the Cut]
Congratulations y’all gotta another thing to say about me when u hate ... 👍🏽 it’s all good .. only God can “cancel”me... that shit don’t mean shit to me bc the people around me are the ones that know my heart and intention and real life ... I’m sorry if I offended u .— Danileigh (@DaniLeigh) January 21, 2021
YALL DON’T KNOW ME— Danileigh (@DaniLeigh) January 21, 2021
Ima keep letting God bless me .. while y’all sit back and judge me && sit behind y’all lil phones and type shit about another woman .. y’all all HATERS— Danileigh (@DaniLeigh) January 21, 2021
Done talking .. bout to post how fine I looked yesterday— Danileigh (@DaniLeigh) January 21, 2021
Y’all NOT FOR ME— Danileigh (@DaniLeigh) January 21, 2021
And I said is what he want !!!! Not what the world want ... I’m talking bout myself ... stop playing w me .— Danileigh (@DaniLeigh) January 21, 2021
Screencaps in the Tweet Below
DaniLeigh shared a couple messages in response to the backlash she received for her “Yellow Bone” track 👀 THOUGHTS ⁉️ pic.twitter.com/BlGHbSpRYU— Power 106 (@Power106LA) January 21, 2021
[Tweets Under the Cut]
OP Note: The two people pictured in the above tweet are her parents.
dani leigh is.... very..... strange.. pic.twitter.com/DXIEj8LOFQ— your name is beyonce !?!! ⁷ (@LHSKMINAJ) January 21, 2021
I knew Dani Leigh was sick in the head after she lied on my sister pic.twitter.com/r8iCxtRanV— ᴅᴊ (@normaIboy) January 21, 2021
Now miss Dani Leigh not you making a song claiming to be a yellow bone but couldn’t wait to be darker. pic.twitter.com/DHxsr58qb0— RIE🔮 (@mariethemuse) January 21, 2021
Make sure you delete all them songs of you saying nigga while you deleting stuff, tink @DaniLeigh 😘— Maya Angelique👑 (@moneyymaya) January 21, 2021
SOURCES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14