Exclusive: The news “was a huge relief” for Gwen Stefani ahead of her and Blake Shelton’s wedding. https://t.co/SWH1rPbYOm— Us Weekly (@usweekly) January 8, 2021
- Though they divorced six years ago, the Catholic church has "finally granted" Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale an annulment.
- “Religion has always been extremely important to her”, a source previously told the US Weekly why Gwen was seeking the annulment.
- “Gwen was told the decision was made by the Vatican tribunal. She will be receiving the notification in writing in the next few weeks, but it’s official", the source said after the annulment had been granted.
- The source also said: “It was a huge relief for Gwen because she wanted to get married by her priest and have the marriage recognized by the Catholic church.”
- Gwen and Gavin were married from 2002 to 2016 and have three sons together (Kingston, Apollo Bowie Flynn, Zuma Nesta Rock).
- Gwen is now engaged to past People's Sexiest Man of the Year Blake Shelton.