Trips to Atlantic City, sneaking off to London—as a child, Ivanka was fun, loyal, exciting. But she always had the Trump radar for status. Lysandra Ohrstrom recounts watching her former best friend torch democracy. https://t.co/8D9H1tKjQQ— VANITY FAIR (@VanityFair) November 17, 2020
Ivanka Trump's former best friend and maid of honor, Lysandra Ohrstrom, has spilled the tea about her in a new article for Vanity Fair. According to Ohrstrom:
- Her first memory of Ivanka is of her loudly farting and blaming it on a classmage.
- Ivanka didn't want to read books about "fucking poor people"
- Trump used to criticize Lysandra's body and would praise her when she lost weight.
- Ivanka's former inner circle is shocked that she hasn't stood up to Trump, as she apparently doesn't actually hold the same beliefs.
- Ivanka used to threaten to "replace" Lysandra
- Ivanka was angry about Lysandra's pro-Palestine stance.
- Ivanka made racist comments about Lysandra's Arabic necklace: "It just screams 'terrorist.'"
- Ivanka called her a Marxist bc she was concerned about affordable housing.
Celebs (okay, "celebs") reacted to this, um, breaking
"One of the earliest memories I have of Ivanka from before we were friends is when she blamed a fart on a classmate."— Jessica Valenti (@JessicaValenti) November 17, 2020
Ivanka Trump's transition from grotesque to fascist-grotesque. Most revelatory passage:— Alex Winter @ 🏠 (@Winter) November 17, 2020
"One of the earliest memories I have of Ivanka from before we were friends is when she blamed a fart on a classmate." https://t.co/Ddfzzs0sir
This piece is uniquely and horrifyingly terrible. It's basically, "Ivanka Trump and I were friends because she was nice to me. Then we started to disagree on politics, and she started to ignore my needy requests for attention, so I hope she burns in hell." https://t.co/PHcbF8xSeN— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) November 18, 2020
Class betrayal is a beautiful thing and doesn't happen often enough in the US. This is a juicy and brave read. Lysandra, since you have an opening for a new friend, I would like to apply for the position. @VanityFairhttps://t.co/qkexGt7tDw— Nell Scovell (@NellSco) November 17, 2020
Blake Lively in BOLD in this Ivanka ex-best friend piece pic.twitter.com/1nYZkgKRFy— Carey O'Donnell (@ecareyo) November 19, 2020
Ever farted and blamed someone else?