- "Badly implemented product placement. Product placement itself doesn't bother me — like, if there's a character driving a Toyota or eating a Pizza Hut pizza, I don't mind. However, if there's a pointless shot in the movie that shows a Bud Light logo for 10 full seconds, I do mind."
- "When a movie calls for an 'ugly' guy, they get an 'ugly' guy, but when the movie calls for an 'ugly' girl...they just get a sexy girl and dress her in dumpy clothes."
- "When the premise of a major conflict in the movie is something that any sane person would have just said, 'Oh no, there's been a misunderstanding!' and they all would've just had a laugh and gone on with their lives...but instead it turns into some convoluted drama."
- "Violence without consequence. Like, sure, the good guy got beaten within an inch of his life, but the next day he'll get up and mete out justice, when, in real life, he would normally be looking at three months of physical or occupational therapy. I have friends who've been on the wrong end of similar physical trauma, and...it's not pretty."
- "Overused female tropes. The angry Black woman, plus-size women always being loud and clumsy, and, of course, the manic pixie dream girl. This isn't some feminist soapbox — it's genuinely just lazy and uninspired writing."
What things ruins films (or tv) for you??