Youtuber Sarah Z did a deep dive into TJLC (The JohnLock Conspiracy)
so what even is TJLC: The Johnlock Conspiracy is a fan theory that asserts that the writers of Sherlock (the Cumberbatch one) intend to make Sherlock Holmes/John Watson the canon endgame pairing.
- the show only had 13 episodes, but had long hiatuses between seasons, which gave the fandom a lot of time to go crazy
- the show frequently had the two being mistaken for a couple
- fans in 2010 were mostly not familiar with the concept of queerbaiting
- "how did Sherlock survive his fall" was a huge deal and had the fandom talking for months. and the show solved it by making it in show fanfiction and making fun of fans ?(it was weird)
- fandom went extra crazy after that episode, with shippers looking for clues everywhere
- two fangirls actually asked Moffat about TJLC at a con and he was confused and said "yeah", which they took as confirmation
- the leading voices of TJLC were middle aged women who manipulated younger fans
- when the series finale leaked a day early and was bad fans were sure it was fake
- the series finale was so bad (and did not end with romantic Johnlock) that fans were sure the real finale is still out there
- the show that replaced Sherlokc in the same timeslot was Apple Tree Yard, and fans were sure it was just a decoy for the real Sherlock finale. it was not.