After, the film franchise based on a Harry Styles Wattpad fanfiction, has replaced four of its major cast members in one day.
- Chance Perdomo (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina) is replacing Shane Paul McGhie as
- Mira Sorvino (Romy and Michele's High School Reunion) is replacing Selma Blair as Carol.
- Stephen Moyer (True Blood) is replacing Charlie Weber as Christian Vance.
- Arielle Kebbel (John Tucker Must Die) is replacing Candice King as Kimberly.
- Carter Jenkins (Famous In Love) is also joining the cast as Robert, a character who, like every other man in this series, is in love with the main character.
The next two films in the franchise, After We Fell and After Ever Happy, are currently filming back-to-back in Bulgaria. The studio made the decision to film during a global pandemic despite the fact that out of the cast, one person (Candice King) is pregnant, another (Inanna Sarkis) gave birth a few days ago, and a third (Selma Blair) has Multiple Sclerosis. Of those three, Blair and King have been replaced.
This isn't the first cast turnover in After's history. The series replaced Peter Gallagher and Jennifer Beals in its second installment, and the actress originally cast as the main character dropped out a week before the first movie started filming.