Kaya Scodelario, Hannah John-Kamen and Robbie Amell will star in #ResidentEvil, the official origin story for the movie franchise based on the horror video games. https://t.co/mQy42hUuJA pic.twitter.com/OeElu1XhtL— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) October 6, 2020
• Story is set on in a fateful night in Raccoon City in 1998; the fictional mid-western town is known in RE lore as the center of a virus outbreak that destroys it and forever changes the country.
• Tom Hopper, Avan Jogia and Neal McDonough also star.
• Scodelario will play Claire Redfield, Amell will play Chris Redfield, John-Kamen is Jill Valentine, Hopper is Albert Wesker, Jogia is Leon Kennedy, and McDonough is William Birkin.
• Written and directed by Johannes Roberts (47 Meters Down).
• Sony’s Screen Gems division is planning on releasing the movie theatrically sometime in 2021.
• Currently filming in Sudbury, ON.