Pop singer Halsey will join Sydney Sweeney in a new tv series based on the novel "They Wish They Were Us"
- The premise: "The drama is set at an exclusive Long Island prep school and revolves around high school senior Jill Newman (Sweeney) who works to uncover the truth about her best friend's death three years ago and the role she and her fellow "players" — members of the secret society that rules the school— may have had in it."
- Halsey plays Rachel Calloway, "a formidable, emotionally troubled young woman who ignites Jill's journey of finding the truth behind Shaila's murder. Once a legendary member of “The Players” who graduated three years ago, Rachel left the group and dissociated from her wealthy Long Island roots when her younger brother, Graham, was convicted for Shaila's murder. She is brought back to Long Island by her conviction that Graham is not responsible for this crime. Together, Rachel and Jill join forces to embark on a quest for the truth of what really happened that night, with the hope to exonerate her brother before he turns 18."
- The show doesn't yet have a network and Halsey is a producer
- Halsey and Sydney previously co-starred together in Halsey's music video for "Graveyard"
- Halsey's previous acting credits include "A Star is Born" and "Teen Titans Go! To the Movies!"