- Charly Jordan is a TikTok influencer with millions of followers across TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter. (She is also roommates/friends with Tana Mongeau, the influencer who pretended to marry Jake Paul for attention.)
- Charly tested positive for COVID three months ago and was under the impression she could not get it again. So, she decided to travel to Rwanda to "do charity work with gorillas."
- Upon landing she was tested for CV-19 and tested positive. The Rwandan government snatched her up from her hotel room and stuck her in isolation, because duh. (Read this NPR article from July on how Rwanda is handling COVID-19 cases. Spoiler, better than the US.)
*SERIOUS* Charly Jordan says she tested positive for COVID while traveling to Rwanda and has been forcefully removed from hotel by government and placed in to isolation away from everyone she knows. She first had COVID 3 months ago. She lives with Tana Mongeau. More in thread. pic.twitter.com/x3hxZlVhkb— Def Noodles (@defnoodles) September 6, 2020
- In isolation, she had no access to the medical marijuana she uses every day for anxiety and depression.
- Even though she admits she and her friends have been "traveling everywhere," she now believes the US shouldn't allow people to travel.
- The test was a false positive.
Charly Jordan posted this TikTok when she found out tested negative for COVID. pic.twitter.com/SkhfUwFVHQ— Def Noodles (@defnoodles) September 7, 2020
- After facing huge amounts of backlash for traveling during a pandemic she posted an apology.
- She is now free to post gorillas on the 'gram under the guise of charity, like this.