Since Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex became friends with @GloriaSteinem, they've spoken of their shared beliefs surrounding women’s rights, the need for representation and the importance of voting. The exclusive Q&A is on MAKERS today, #WomensEqualityDay! https://t.co/NJ2FEYiFVu pic.twitter.com/au4uN24wSi— MAKERS (@MAKERSwomen) August 26, 2020
- Meghan and Gloria have a conversation for MAKERS which is a media brand that promotes women empowerment.
- Gloria tells Meghan she's glad she's back in the US which Meghan responds with, "Me too, for so many reasons."
- Meghan and Gloria discuss biracial representation, voter supression, the women's right to vote and feminism.
- Meghan has recently read Algorithms of Oppression by Safiya Noble, which everyone should read.
- Gloria says "if you don't vote, you don't exist."
- Overall, great discussion until Meghan said Prince Harry is a beautiful example of a male feminist and he apparently made sure Gloria knew immediately that he was a feminist.
- Gloria gave Meghan a bracelet that has the motto 'linked and not ranked' in reference to the circular idea of consensus, circles of consensus going up rather than hierarchy.
- Meghan is being criticized because she still uses the Duchess of Sussex, a title that a US citizen can't hold
- Meghan using her title has been hot topic recently, angering the usual [suspect]
Bette taking out the trash , claiming Meghan is using the title politically by informing people to vote.
Oh, fuck off. https://t.co/hmlfiyj3OQ— bettemidler (@BetteMidler) August 22, 2020
interview 1 2