You won't need to break out the tools to see that 'Assembly Required' has all the makings of the next big competition show!https://t.co/cuxAha9s1W— Entertainment Tonight (@etnow) August 25, 2020
- Adding to his conservative image on television, vocal republican Tim Allen created a home improvement competition series called 'Assembly Required' for the History Channel.
- Tim Allen and Richard Karn, who played Tim and Al on Home Improvement where they were co-hosts of a fake home improvement show called Tool Time, will reunite as co-hosts for Assembly Required.
- The contestants will rebuild everyday household items because Tim Allen says we're living in a throwaway society so he created the show to 'remind people of the satisfaction and pride that comes from rebuilding something'.
- No word if the contestants will be a mix of the very brittle liberals he liked to "poke fun at" on his canceled by ABC but then saved by Fox sitcom Last Man Standing.
- No word if Tim Allen will do those weird af [grunts.]
- No word on if Jonathan Taylor Thomas aka the only relevant part of Home Improvement, will make a guest appearance.
I'm mad that my google alerts for JTT went off and it was because of this BS, so I thought I'd darken everyone's day.
ONTD, any home improvement projects you've completed during quarantine? I finally changed my wall calender from March to August, really brightens up the place.