- Phillip A. Thomas was arrested at the home of WWE star Sonya Deville. He was found inside the home with a knife, plastic zip ties, duct tape, mace and other items he told police he planned on using to take Deville hostage.
- Thomas and Deville have never met but he had been stalking her online for years. He started planning the kidnapping attempt 8 months ago.
- Thomas cut a hole in the patio screen and remained on the patio three to four hours while spying on the home through windows. At 2:43 a.m., after Deville had gone to bed, Thomas entered the home through a sliding glass door, setting off the alarm.
- Deville managed to escape the home in a car along with a guest. And they called 911.
- On August 8th Thomas reached out to a psychiatrist for help on Twitter.
- Thomas has been charged with aggravated stalking, armed burglary of a dwelling, attempted armed kidnapping, and criminal mischief. He is currently being held without bail.
- Deville is set to appear in a Hair vs Hair match against Mandy Rose at Summerslam next weekend.
Thank you everyone for your love and concern. A very frightening experience but thankfully everyone is safe. A special thank you to Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office for their response and assistance. 🖤— Daddy Deville (@SonyaDevilleWWE) August 17, 2020
Source 1 2
i'm so glad she managed to get out in time!