- Nichelle Nichols, best known for her role on Star Trek, was diagnosed with dementia in 2018.
- Kyle Johnson, Nichelle Nichols’ son, took over as her full time caregiver & Conservator in August 2018.
- Johnson has filed a countersuit against Gilbert Bell (Nichols' former talent manager) for elder abuse.
- Johnson wants to "hold those responsible to account, ensure his mother's financial stability, health and comfort, recover what has been stolen from her, and ensure a safe, secure, and enjoyable future in the coming years."
- The countersuit accuses Bell of elder abuse, fraud, theft, and other charges such as “bilking Nichols of significant assets including appearance fees, her pension, Social Security, and her Woodland Hills, CA home.”
“The countersuit alleges that in 2012, Bell temporarily moved into a second house on Nichols' property and continues to live in the house under a fraudulent lease and a succeeding fraudulent reverse mortgage.”
sources: 1 & 2