NBC is resurrecting its 2001 game show "The Weakest Link" https://t.co/lowK7yAQBG— Vulture (@vulture) July 9, 2020
- NBC has revived The 2001 game show The Weakest Link, with Jane Lynch serving as host this time.
- NBC originally aired the American adaptation of the British game, also hosted by Anne Robinson, show from 2001-2002. The show was cancelled amidst dwindling ratings with 10 episodes left to air. The British version, meanwhile aired for 12 years (from 2000 to 2012) and nearly 1700. It did return in 2017 for a one-off charity episode.
- Per NBC, the new iteration will feature “a few modern twists”.
- “I’ve been a longtime fan of this game-changing quiz show since it first debuted,” said Jane Lynch. “Each time the phrase ‘You are the Weakest Link. Goodbye.’ passes my lips, it will be with great reverence and delight.”
- The 13 episode first season will start production later this year.
- It appears to be the perfect show to revive during the COVID-19 pandemic, since it does not have a studio audience and contestants are already standing several feet apart.
do you think Jane Lynch will be able to fill the shoes of the Queen of Mean Anne Robinson?