Novak Djokovic Says He's Victim of COVID-19 'Witch Hunt' After Doomed Tourney https://t.co/MeTlQszpVQ— TMZ (@TMZ) July 8, 2020
- Djokovic helped organise the Adria Tour through the Balkans without social distancing
- 4 players (including Djokovic himself) and other team members contracted covid 19 and the tour's final stop was cancelled
- Says Djokovic "It’s obviously more than just criticism -- it’s like an agenda and a witch-hunt are on. Someone has to take the fall, a big name."
- Djokovic has also said he is unlikely to play the US Open due to the upsurge of covid cases in the US
- Simon has come to Djokovic's defense saying the tour gave Djokovic's enemies a 'stick to beat him with' after calls for his resignation as president of the player council due to his actions
- Mats Wilander also defended him saying he has acted as a 'lightning rod' and the blame should be on the Serbian government.
- Djokovic has said he and his wife (who also had covid) have tested negative. Neither had symptoms.
Source Source Source