Here are two good dramas (in OP's opinion) from this year that you can find on Netflix!
1. Hospital Playlist (tvN) - 12 episodes - Drama, Comedy
- Also known as: Wise Doctor Life
- Writer/Director: the team behind the Reply series and Prison Playbook (great drama!).
- Starring: Jo Jung Suk (Gummy's husband, Oh My Ghost), Yoo Yeon Seok (Dr. Romantic, Mr. Sunshine), Jung Kyung Ho (Missing Nine), Kim Dae Myung (Misaeng) and Jeon Mi Do (this is her first tv role!).
- Plot: Hospital Playlist tells the story of doctors and nurses working at Yulje Medical Center. It focuses on five doctors who have been friends since they entered medical school in 1999.
- OP's opinion!: I looooved this drama, it's well-acted, funny and the chemistry between the main 5 is great! I also loved the music (Aloha SOTY). There's a lot of doctor talk~~~ but it didn't really bother me lol I liked the relationships between all characters tbh friendship >>> romance. Jungsuk and Kyungho are a joy to watch.
2. Extracurricular (Netflix) - 10 episodes - Crime, Drama
- Also known as: Human Class
- Writer/Director: Jin Han Sae (first work!) and Kim Jin Min (Marriage Contract, The Liar and His Lover).
- Starring: Kim Dong Hee (Itaewon Class, SKY Castle), Jung Da Bin (She Was Pretty), Park Joo Hyun (A Piece of Your Mind), Nam Yoon Soo (I Am Not A Robot).
- Plot: A model high school student who's steeped in a world of serious crime finds his double life upended when a classmate takes an interest in his secret.
- OP's opinion!: This drama is completely different. The subject is quite heavy and can be uncomfortable at times. The acting is superb tho and it hooks you immediately. There is violence (especially towards young women) and a lot of blood. It has also received attention because of the similarities with the real life case of "nth room" in Korea.
What kdramas have you watched and liked, ONTD?
Sending much love to anybody seeing this!