Nintendo is stepping back from mobile phone gaming:— Ryan Brown 🎮 (@Toadsanime) June 22, 2020
- Disappointed with results from their mobile games
- Reportedly feared mobile monetisation practices damaged their brands
- AC:NH success has made them reconsider growth ability on their own platformshttps://t.co/HEiw2omhOJ pic.twitter.com/JWcAwRaIuf
- They've been underwhelmed by returns.
- Fears brand damage from the damn micro transations.
- Probably helped by Animal Crossing: New Horizons sold 13.41million copies in 6 weeks because of The Rona.
- The last mobile Nintendo game released was Mario Kart Tour