Evanna Lynch thought roles would be more forthcoming than they were after Harry Potter https://t.co/YrAQ9IkohN— Metro Entertainment (@Metro_Ents) June 20, 2020
• Originally thought she was "set for life" after starring in a global blockbuster, but didn't realize how cut-throat and competitive the acting field was.
• Wasn't prepared for fame at the time and had a hard time going from being a fan to receiving fanmail.
• "I was a really obsessive Harry Potter fan. I started reading them when I was about eight, and that was just my whole identity for a while. It's quite embarrassing."
• "I found that the whole fan culture... I think is a bit unhealthy, you know being obsessed with a person. Because when I met Daniel, Emma and Rupert, I kind of knew everything about them. I knew their pets' names, I knew their birthdays, I knew their parents' names and I had to pretend I didn't. It also meant I had nothing to say to them, I just adored them. I was suddenly confronted with, 'Who am I?' and when they asked me what I was interested in, I realized I didn't even know myself, I didn't know what to say."
• Says that being an obsessive fan is disempowering and it's common of teens to think celebrities as "godly".
Were you ever an obsessive fan of something as a teen?