Regal Cinemas owner Cineworld will reopen theaters in the US and UK on July 10 https://t.co/kQsomKsLJO— TheWrap (@TheWrap) June 16, 2020
- Plan to reopen on July 10th.
- 50% capacity with 2 seats between parties (they say "where required by local governance", so I guess if you live in a shit state, you could have a full capacity theater).
- Guests will use contactless payment methods at the box office and concessions.
- Will use ULV “Foggers” in order to clean and sanitize each auditorium.
- Says employees and guests will wear masks "where required by local governance" (which means no one will be wearing masks).
AMC Theatres, the world's largest movie theater owner, has announced that it is planning to reopen its roughly 1,000 theaters around the world next month https://t.co/WaYj3dtMjF— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) June 9, 2020
- Plans to reopen sometime in July, doesn't give a specific date.
- Doesn't give a whole lot of details on what they'll do when they reopen, but they partnered with Clorox.
- The company reported a net loss of $2.17 billion in its first quarter.
- Plans to reopen on June 19th.
- Will require employees to wear masks but not moviegoers.
- Will have social distancing at the box office and concession stands and 50% capacity in the theater.
- Will supply hand and seat cleaners for guests, stagger movie times to reduce foot traffic and screen staff temperatures before their shifts.
SOURCES: 1, 2, 3