This piece by @LaineyGossip is 💥 I know it’s not about me but it resonates on a personal level. I love how she acknowledges the that the “two sides of the story” doesn’t fly when one party is exercising & even weaponizing their white privilege https://t.co/X3dsPsRtqg— Jennifer Podemski (@Podemskichick) June 16, 2020
- A primer on Sasha Exeter/Jessica Mulroney: Mulroney is a Canadian fashion heiress/stylist married into a Canadian political family. For absolutely no reason at all she attacked and bullied small time Toronto instagram influencer Sasha Exeter after Exeter encouraged white influencers to support Black Lives Matter. Exeter went public with the bullying which led to many of Mulroney's endorsements being dropped. Even after "apologizing" Mulroney sent Exeter a DM threatening to sue her
- In her piece Lainey talks about how Exeter had to frame her call out to cater to white people by saying Mulroney wasn't a racist but by then going on to show how her actions were racist.
- Lainey talks about how she works with CTV/Ben Mulroney and even though Lainey herself is influential she is still scared to cross the Mulroneys because she does not have family affluence or connections to back her up if she is fired or something goes wrong
- The gossip in Toronto is Jessica Mulroney still doesn't believe she did anything wrong
- The Mulroney's are keeping lists of everyone who crossed them and Lainey knows of at least one email sent to someone who LIKED Sasha's post telling that person to think about whose side they were on
- Lainey knows that retribution is coming as soon as the world at large stops paying attention because the Mulroneys are still influential in the tiny incestuous pool of the Toronto arts scene