Cara Delevingne on Her Pansexual Identity, Singing With Fiona Apple and What Pride Means to Her https://t.co/9x2A6E3VJB— Variety (@Variety) June 3, 2020
- Says she had her first relationship with a woman at 18 and when they broke up she came out to her dad because he asked her why she was so depressed.
- "Pride to me is a sense of something that I never really had as a kid. A sense of pride is like a sense of belonging, a family outside your family, a place where you don’t have to apologize or feel ashamed. I guess I never felt like I belonged anywhere as a kid. Or I always felt like I didn’t belong in my own body. I felt so lost. Once I could talk about my sexuality freely, I wasn’t hiding anything anymore, and the person I hid it from the most was myself."
- When she started working as an actor Harvey Weinstein called her and told her she needed to get a beard if she wanted to make it in Hollywood. He later assaulted her at a meeting for a movie.
- She says others pushing her towards a beard made her want to be out and she started dating women more openly.
- Was the middle man for a million dollar partnership between Puma and the Trevor Project (an LGBTQ suicide prevention organization).
- Her Pride collection with Puma has 20% going towards multiple LGBTQ organizations.
- Talks about her recent collab with Fiona Apple. They met through St. Vincent when Cara and her were dating, and when they broke up they remained friends.
- Fiona says: "she’s a big, hearty hug of a woman, with a salty spirit and a loving kind of strength."
- Taylor Swift says:"while she’s spirited and outgoing, she’s also the person you’ll find in the corner of a party talking to someone she’s just met for hours, just because they’re going through a rough time."
- Was in the middle of filming season 2 of Carnival Row when they paused production because of Coronavirus. She's not sure when they go back but says they filmed 6 of 8 episodes.
- Declines to say anything on her breakup with Ashley Benson. Just that the increased public scrutiny makes it hard to maintain normality.
- Been using this time to do yoga, play the drums, and spend time with her dogs.
She was also at protests yesterday in LA.