- After her initial weak ass "apology," former Bachelorette Hannah Brown has posted a 20-minute video on Instagram apologizing for previously using the n-word while she was singing along to DaBaby's "Rockstar"
- Brown says she didn't speak out for the past two weeks because she "had to go through a process" and was working with an "educator" because she "didn't know a lot" about this history of the n-word
- “What I did was something extremely serious and I did not want to continue repeating this long history of white people not taking accountability and responsibility for their actions when people of color, black people, call them out on their behavior,” Brown said
- Brown said she was drunk when she used the slur, but says she doesn't want to be "an ignorant white girl who uses the N-word"
- “If you want to support me, do not defend me. What I did, what I said was indefensible. I don’t need anybody to defend me for what I did because what I said, what I did was wrong. But I’m hoping that what I did was wrong but what I didn’t know even before is the worst part of it, and it’s the ignorance. I’m no longer ignorant and I’m no longer going to be part of the problem... I will be a part of the solution, and you will see that. From the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry. I’m sorry to everyone I hurt and disappointed. I promise to continue doing better, I promise.”
Source 1, 2