“There were times I wondered: Is she playing us? And what I didn’t have the guts to say was, because I know damn well we were playing her.” https://t.co/fekucheFaM— LAT Entertainment (@latimesent) May 19, 2020
• According to a new documentary coming out on FX this Friday, Norma McCorvey aka Jane Roe was paid by anti-abortion groups like Operation Save America (fka Operation Rescue) to come out against abortion
• She initially was introduced to anti-choice organizations in 1995 when she worked at an abortion clinic in Dallas, TX
• Norma never had an abortion. She was pregnant when she signed the affidavit challenging Texas laws that stated abortion was to only be used to save the life of the mother. By the time a verdict was reached, she had already given birth and put the child up for adoption.
• She comes out as pro-choice in the documentary, stating, "If a young woman wants to have an abortion, that’s no skin off my ass. That’s why they call it choice.”
• This documentary was filmed in 2016, shortly before Norma passed away in 2017 from heart failure.