- BTS’s Jungkook, SEVENTEEN’s Mingyu, NCT’s Jaehyun, and ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo spent a night out in the neighborhood of Itaewon where a recent resurgence of COVID-19 in South Korea began
- the four idols hung out in a restaurant and two bars evening of April 25 till dawn on April 26.
- A patient with the virus visited clubs in the neighborhood on May 2 and tested positive on May 6. After this confirmed case was announced, the Central Disaster and Safety Countermeasures Headquarters (CDSCHQ) requested that anyone who visited entertainment facilities (a category that includes clubs, bars, and more) in Itaewon between April 24 and May 6 refrain from leaving their homes
- Following this report, each idol’s agencies released official statements stating that the report is true and that all idols had tested negative for COVID-19
- Fans have pointed out that South Korea was not enforcing confinement like many countries, but the real issue is that the idols continued to work and did not self-isolate for 14 days as requested.