Advice for actors out there: if ANYONE ever asks you to PAY MONEY to audition it’s a scam. Also don’t mess with Asian actors during our surge or we will bite back!! “Director Jon M. Chu ‘Disgusted’ By ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Sequels Casting Scam” (EXCLUSIVE) https://t.co/ROXUlky2PY— Jon M. Chu (@jonmchu) April 30, 2020
- A user (Alan Baltes) claimed to be casting for sequels to 2018's runaway hit, "Crazy Rich Asians", for parts in "China Rich Girlfriend" and "Rich People Problems".
- There was also an audition for a Caucasian female role.
- He asked for a 99$ submission fee through Google Pay or Venmo
- Chu was tagged in a tweet about it and was disgusted, promptly tagging Warner Bros' legal department, and was blocked by Baltes.
- The account has been deactivated, also the link to the original press release. Baltes says that no one had paid him.
- This is also NOT the first time he's done this, as he tried the same thing for "Jurassic World: Dominion".
- There has been no pre-production for either of the two sequels thus far, not even a script.