Another 10-task challenge. You obviously don’t need to do all 10 tasks, choose as many as you want, but I figured it gives you some variety and allows you to pick and choose movies that fit your taste but also maybe lead you to watch something you wouldn’t normally seek out. For each task, you can pick whatever movie fits within the guidelines, I've added links to help you out. I tried to add tasks that would allow you to get movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu – but there’s also Kanopy and Hoopla (both of which you can get free access through your library or university). Have a different movie for each task – that is, don’t have the same movie for task 2 and task 6.
1. May 1st is Space Day. Watch any movie about space, taking place in space, or someone heading to space, whatever.
2. May 6th marks the 15th anniversary of Crash, widely known as one of the worst Best Picture winners of all time. Watch any movie that was nominated for Best Picture and has a Metacritic score of 70 or below (Moulin Rouge! being an option is offensive, it doesn’t deserve this disrespect).
3. Watch any movie featured on the Letterboxd list of the 50 most obsessively rewatched films.
4. Watch any movie set in LA.
5. Watch any streaming original movie (maybe it was always an original or became one after theater closures, it doesn’t matter).
6 and 7. Twin Films. Every so often movies come out around the same time that are pretty identical. Watch any 2 movies that came out around the same time and are similar (HERE is some ideas, but there are definitely more options out there).
8. Watch any movie featured on Rotten Tomatoes list of the 150 Best Films Directed by women in the 21st century.
9. Watch any movie that was released the year you were born.
10. Stanley Tucci is seemingly in everything. Watch a movie he’s in.
ONTD, what do you plan on watching this month? What did you watch during the month of April?
SOURCES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Previous 2020 challenges: January, February, March, April.
Previous 2019 challenges: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.