why don’t we all just be respectful and understand that we should just be kind and uplift everyone instead of trying to bring others down and i’ve seen these videos about me my friends and complete strangers but it doesn’t matter who you’re doing it to-— charli d’amelio (@charlidamelio) April 27, 2020
- Teen TikTok star Charli D'Amelio, who's now the most popular creator on TikTok, the viral video-sharing app where she has reached 41.4 million followers and who recently appeared on Jimmy Fallon, spoke out against the comments she receives about her body on a daily basis.
- D'Amelio, who is only 15, asked people to stop talking about her body, because it was none of their business whether she was losing or gaining weight.
- She also asked for people to be kind and respectful to one another, and to "uplift everyone instead of trying to bring others down."
It definitely hurts to see people on my fyp calling me “a whale” and saying “she’s fat now” and I just want to encourage everyone who hears these things about themselves to love yourself!! if you are healthy and happy, do NOT listen to these hurtful comments. you are perfect.— addison rae (@whoisaddison) April 22, 2020
- TikTok star Addison Easterling (19), who goes by Addison Rae on the app with 37.1 Million followers, hit back at trolls who were body-shaming her.
- In a series of tweets, she said she'd seen several TikToks and tweets referring to her weight and body, and they were making her feel insecure.
- She said being called "a whale" and "fat" was hurtful, but she was using the words to motivate herself to be the healthiest version of herself.
- She encouraged her fans to do the same — to ignore hateful comments and love themselves.
Source 1 ,Source 2, Source 3, Source 4