WATCH: Shoe designer John Fluevog calls B.C. provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry a "superstar."https://t.co/gFeKfu4dhc— Global BC (@GlobalBC) April 25, 2020
- Shoe designer John Fluevog designed a high heel inspired by British Columbia's Provincial Medical Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry
- Fluevog decided to pay tribute to Dr. Henry after she was spotted wearing his shoes at numerous press conferences
- 100% of the pre-sale proceeds are being donated to B.C. food banks
- The shoes were so popular that the website crashed before the shoes even went on pre-sale
- They sold out in 2 1/2 hours but you can (and should) still donate to food banks across Canada
Congrats to those of you who managed to get a pair of the Dr Henry Shoe. We are now sold out. We're sorry for any stress caused — we clearly underestimated your enthusiasm — but are excited for the funds raised for @RealFoodBanksBC and promise to be better prepared in the future.— John Fluevog Shoes (@Fluevog) April 24, 2020
Some cute Canadian news for once. ONTD what was the last fun thing you purchased?