"I'm not quite sure how much of this is just first-baby anxiety and how much of this is pandemic anxiety," actor Joshua Jackson said of preparing to become a father during the coronavirus pandemichttps://t.co/mYPPWMY730— BuzzFeed News (@BuzzFeedNews) March 26, 2020
- Joshua Jackson said during an interview with BuzzFeed News' AM to DM that the only times he and wife Jodie Turner-Smith go out are for doctor's appointments, grocery shopping or walks around the block.
- While both Jodie and baby girl are healthy, Jackson admits it's been a stressful time and he's not sure of how much of it is first time dad stress or pandemic stress. Jodie was due yesterday but their baby girl is being fashionably late.
- His brother is an emergency room doctor in New York and he's worried about him.
- Joshua blamed the Trump administration for poor handling of the outbreak. "If ever there was proof of elections [having] consequences — we're living with it right now. I mean, if you hire incompetent people to do an important job, you're probably going to get bad results, and we're all living inside of the bad results right now."
When it came to getting ready to become a first-time dad, Joshua Jackson was lucky enough to have two great resources at the ready: his #LittleFiresEverywhere co-stars @ReeseW and @KerryWashington.https://t.co/dMCHiGylb7— Good Morning America (@GMA) March 25, 2020
- He praises his Little Fires Everywhere costars Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington for "leading by example" in juggling their careers, running businesses and raising kids.
- Reese and Kerry helped him and Jodie find doctors, gave advice and were basically cheerleaders for him when he had anxiety freakouts on set over fatherhood.
- He says the response to LFE has been everything they'd hoped it would be (there have been live watches with cast and fans weekly) and "I’m glad to be part of something that can be helping people to take their minds off of what’s going on in the world right now."
Joshua Jackson on His Little Fires Everywhere Underwear Scene: 'I Enjoy Getting Objectified' https://t.co/ioHgwjHSna— People (@people) March 25, 2020
- During a live chat with Kelly Ripa, Joshua says he was surprised by the online reaction to him in his underwear during a scene in Little Fires Everywhere.
- However, he doesn't mind the attention, saying “I’m in my 40s now. I enjoy getting objectified!”
- There was actually a second scene of Jackson in his underwear but hulu cut it because it was too much bulge.
- He and wife Jodie have been binge-watching and having Jenga tournaments which he's very competitive about.
And finally, Reese Witherspoon shared a behind the scenes pic of herself and Joshua (they've known each other for twenty years, since 1999's Cruel Intentions):
And during a live watch Q&A, cast members called Joshua the funniest coworker.
Source, two, three, four