Jessica from 'Love Is Blind' says she 'attempted to leave' the show but 'wasn't able to' https://t.co/QEuZ7cy9VG— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) March 2, 2020
Jessica Batten from the messy Netflix reality show Love is Blind told EW about some of the things that went down behind the scenes. All under the cut to avoid spoilers for those who still haven't seen the show.
- Says she tried to leave the show because she knew she wasn't going to marry Mark, but was "not able to". Calls it "psychological warfare".
- The show's creator says "nobody was forced to do anything" and people could "obviously back out of it" if they wanted, as proven by the fact that Diamond and Carlton broke up and left the show nearly as soon as they arrived in Mexico.
- Says she and Mark had conversations about not being ready to marry in the allotted time. After that, she relaxed more around him and that's when they slept together. Nevertheless, the wedding day was pretty traumatic and they didn't speak for a while after that.
- Says her dog got sick while she was filming (not from drinking the wine she gave him, but from eating "a small stick") and had to have surgery and was in the ICU for 10 days. Says that was one reason she was not "100% in" the show. Every night after working and filming Jessica would go stay with her dog at the ICU and was afraid the dog would die (she has thankfully recovered).
- Regrets drinking so much and says she's not an alcoholic. Used alcohol to cope with her discomfort while filming. Doesn't remember giving her dog wine or why she did it, says she's never done it before.
are you ready for the reunion, ONTD?