In a new interview with a banned source, former Calvin Klein model and General Hospital alum Antonio Sabàto Jr. claims to have been blacklisted by Hollywood after openly supporting Donald Trump's presidential bid in 2016.
The 48-year-old Italian immigrant (who became a naturalized US citizen in 1996) says that he "had to sell everything" after appearing at the 2016 Republican National Convention and claiming Barack Obama was Muslim during an interview with ABC News. "All my representatives left me, from agents to managers to commercial agents," he told a reporter. "I literally had to move, find a new job to survive and take care of my kids."
This isn't the first time the "Love Will Never Do (Without You)" music video star has accused the industry of icing him out. In 2016, prior to losing an election for the 26th district Congressional seat in California, he told the same source that he had been "bullied" by Hollywood directors after the RNC.
But despite this and having narrowly avoided filing for bankruptcy before finding a job in Florida overseeing construction sites, Sabàto remains firmly in Trump's corner. "My integrity is intact. What I believe in is still intact," he says. "The country is doing fantastic."
Antonio Sabato Jr. on How Supporting Donald Trump Ended His Acting Career https://t.co/8kGAPXK2Pj— Variety (@Variety) March 3, 2020