1. their new album, "Map of the Soul: 7" debuting at #1 in all Top 10 major music markets in the world where official charts are available (US, Japan, UK, Germany, France, South Korea, Australia, Canada). This is the first time an Asian group has achieved this rare feat.
2. debuting three new songs on this week's Billboard Hot 100 (ON at #4, My Time at #84 and Filter at #87). "ON" at #4 marks the highest chart position ever for a Korean group. Solo act PSY's "Gangnam Style" is the only Korean act to reach higher at #2 in 2012. However, BTS surpassed PSY by having the most top 10 hits on the Hot 100 among all Korean acts.
3. BTS's ON debuting as the bestselling song in the US, selling over 85,000 copies in one week.
4. BTS claiming seven of the top 10 spots on the ranking of the bestselling individual tracks in the US.
5. BTS charting their fourth No. 1 album in both overall sales and charts within a span of less than 2 years. This puts them in the same league as the Beatles who were the last group to achieve four No. 1 albums in less than 2 years (1966-1968).
BTS keeps coming for American charts — whether they get radio play or not. https://t.co/AEzpbrikiV— Vox (@voxdotcom) March 3, 2020
This week's top 5 on the #WorldAlbums chart:— Billboard Charts (@billboardcharts) March 2, 2020
#1, @BTS_twt Map of the Soul: 7
#2, @BTS_twt Love Yourself: Answer
#3, @BTS_twt Map of the Soul: Persona
#4, @superm SuperM: The 1st Mini Album
#5, @BTS_twt Love Yourself: Tear
#BTS 'Map of the Soul: 7' has now debuted at #1 in ALL of the Top 10 major music markets in the world where official charts are available!— K-Charts & Translations⁷ (@charts_k) March 3, 2020
1⃣: USA, Japan, UK, Germany, France, South Korea, Australia, and Canada ✅#BTSWORLDDOMINATION pic.twitter.com/A2Yw2nZW0E
Source Billboard | Vox | K Charts | Forbes | Forbes