saintclaire87 (saintclaire87) wrote in ohnotheydidnt,
saintclaire87
saintclaire87
ohnotheydidnt

Megan Thee Stallion has filed a lawsuit against her label, will release new music on Friday



Follow up to this post.

Megan Thee Stallion is suing her label, 1501 Entertainment, over the release of her upcoming album Suga. Last night on her Instagram Live, Megan said that 1501 was preventing her from releasing new music due to her requests to renegotiate her contract.

Per TMZ, Megan filed a lawsuit in Texas against 1501 Certified Entertainment and its CEO, Carl Crawford, over the contract she signed when she was 20.

In her suit, she claims her contract gives 1501 Certified 60% of her recording income. The remaining 40% goes to her, but Megan states that she has to use that money to pay engineers, mixers, and other artists who work on the songs. Megan then ends up with what's left.

All money from Megan’s touring and live performances also goes directly to 1501.


Megan says the label has provided incomplete and “purposefully and deceptively vague” reports of what she’s owed. Megan initially received a $10,000 advance in exchange for signing the contract and she now wants to renegotiate.

A district judge in Harris County Texas granted her a temporary restraining order against 1501 and Megan can release her new music. Megan posted on Twitter that she will drop new music on Friday.



Sources: 1,2,3
Tags: black celebrities, celebrity social media, legal / lawsuit, megan thee stallion, music / musician (producers), music / musician (rap and hip-hop)
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Comments allowed for members only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 70 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →