Harry & Meghan have made their feelings about the negotiations over the last few months VERY clear by publishing this incredibly salty summary of the resolution & their plans moving forward. To call out the family like this in writing is honestly shocking. https://t.co/1FBp9gDzWs— Royal Tea (@UKRoyalTea) February 21, 2020
- no info who will be paying for it and how much,
- they will retain their "HRH" prefix but no longer use it,
- the trademark applications have been removed,
- their site states that "the Monarchy or Cabinet Office have no jurisdiction of the use "Royal" but they will no longer use it",
- some say it's not true as you have to have Queen's consent to trademark names of the British Royal Family,
- Charles will be still funding them,
- Harry is still 6th in the line,
- a 12-month review period was put in a place for this working agreement.
At one point the palace was arguing that Andrew’s daughters should continue to get taxpayer-funded protection because someone tried to steal a purse from one of them on a beach holiday. I did point out that millions of Brits needed it on that basis.— Richard Palmer (@RoyalReporter) February 22, 2020
Following on from the announcement earlier this week about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s immediate plans, a Buckingham Palace spokesperson has provided an update about the use of the ‘SussexRoyal’ name. pic.twitter.com/4uJc9zbJ7C— Majesty/Joe Little (@MajestyMagazine) February 21, 2020
Police protection should be based on an honest assessment of risk, not status. And if they’ve bailed out of royal duties they are effectively private citizens, rich ones who pay for their own security— Graham Smith (not that kind of republican) (@GrahamSmith_) February 22, 2020
You’re missing the mark: this isn’t a redefinition of what being royal means.— RoyalArjan (@RoyalArjan) February 22, 2020
It’s about monetizing being royal, which is bound to rules and laws.
But talking about the Duke and Duchess, formally and legally, nothing about their royal status has changed or will change.
Is this passive aggressive or am I reading it wrong? pic.twitter.com/AAylQiPB2E— RKD (@RoyalKateDebate) February 21, 2020
source: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8