According to Sports Seoul, Seungri will be making his enlistment into the military on March 6thhttps://t.co/ZeSSMsMJtV— 파룬 (@balloon_wanted) February 21, 2020
- Back in March 2019, Kpop's biggest scandal hit the industry. It is known as "Burning Sun scandal"
- Idols like Seungri (BIGBANG), Jung Joon Young, Lee Jong Hyun (CNBLUE), and Choi Jong Hoon (F.T. Island) were involved in a group chat were illegaly obtained sexual images of women were shared.
- A network that dealt with prostitutes and gambling was also discovered. It involved high ranking police officers and CEOs, including Seungri's boss, Yang Hyun Suk of YG Entertainment.
- Jung Joon Young and Choi Jong Hoon were sentenced to six and five years in prison for gang raping drunk unconscious women and later sharing videos of it in the group chat.
- On January 30, prosecutors indicted nine people (including Seungri, YG, Joon Young and Jong Hoon), without detention, for allegations of crimes related to the Burning Sun case.
- Seungri, who is already 30, could not serve in the military during trial.
- He is no longer a part of BIGBANG and is going to the military in March 6th.
sources: tweet, burning sun 1,2,3
can't believe he never went to jail tbh
also, zico really got away with it, damn