- This week Nyla Rose became Women's Champion on AEW Dynamite. She defeated Riho who was the first Women's Champion and who held the title for 133 days. This is a huge win for many reasons one being that Rose is openly transgender and is the first transgender Women's Champion.
- Unfortunetly, this moment was overshadowed by online trolls and by legendary commentator Jim Ross saying "Nyla is the King of the mountain in the women’s division." Fans were quick to call out Ross that this was misgendering and he has since apologized.
- Rose herself clapped back at those coming her by simply tweeting "#diemadaboutit" She also jokingly tweeted Trump asking if now she was a champion if he'd invite her over for hamberders and covfefe.
- Last year Rose became the first openly transgender wrestler to sign to a major American wrestling promotion when she signed with AEW.
- Rose previously commented on the backlash and harassment she has faced to the Ring the Belle youtube channel: "I feel like a lot of people are kind of projecting their own unhappiness on to me and using me as an outlet, a punching bag, if you will. It sucks and please stop doing it. I celebrate Christmas. You can give me that for Christmas, just stop. But I get it. Some people are a little bit confused. Because for some reason a lot of male fans when they watch wrestling, they judge how good it is by how funny their pants feel. So when I come on the TV and their pants feel tingly, they get a little confusing. I get that, but it’s ok. It doesn’t change anything about you that doesn’t want to change. You don’t have to have some internal conflict struggle. But if you want to talk about it we can just please stop calling me names."
Nyla Rose is the #AEW women’s champion. And that’s great. Not because for any other reason than she deserves it. End of story. And if you don’t like it because you’re not a fan of her work as a wrestler, that’s fine. But any other reason is not.— Scott Fishman (@smFISHMAN) February 13, 2020
Source + 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
YOU DESERVE IT CHANTS EVERYWHERE!